
I just love this sweet photo, and thought it would capture Nathanael's sweetness even more if I edited out the color. I'm certainly no photography expert, but I think some photos are just too cute for color :) Our sweet Nathanael has passed the one week mark, he is weighing in at a healthy 8 lbs now, and still has an angelic personality (I hope this means it is here to stay!) He rarely cries, but rather makes sweet squeaky noises (hence his nickname: "Mousey"), and he simply passes his awake time looking around at this new world he has found himself in and seems perfectly content with his new home outside of the womb. He is doing great sleeping at night, waking up every 3 or 4 hours to nurse, and usually goes right back to sleep so that mommy can get as much precious sleep as possible (O how I LOVE my sleep!) :) Paul has taken paternity leave from work since Nathanael was born, and he has truly been my hero helping to keep Nathanael on a schedule and helping in the middle of the night to get the little guy back to sleep when I'm simply too exhausted to do so. Paul has also been carting the older boys to and from school, getting the groceries, taking the boys to their Cub Scout meetings, and running random errands that need to be done. What a gift he has been, truly making the transition to four children a breeze thus far. Another huge help has been my faithful friends from my rosary group who have signed up to bring us meals every other day for the next 3 weeks!!! Meals are the greatest gift you can give to a sleep deprived, hormonal mother, and I feel beyond blessed to have such supportive friends. God is good.

So glad to hear the first week plus is going well! Hope he continues to be the model baby for you!
ReplyDelete