Oh my goodness, the bittersweetness of this day simply takes my breath away... My baby started preschool! Good thing another baby is on the way to fill my all too quiet home! Dominic sure made this day easy on my heart, though. It was as if he was born for this day. He's been waiting to start school since last fall when Joseph and Michael started school and he realized that school is what big boys do. Last fall he was bitter that I did not consider him a big enough boy, but this year I knew it was time. He was ready---even if mommy was not. His giddiness all day made it easy for me to let him spread his wings a bit, and it also confirmed that this was a good decision for both of us this year. Good for Dominic because he gets to feel special and big and learn and play with friends. Good for me because I get to prepare for a new baby and bond with our new baby and hopefully nap with the baby while my three big boys are at school having fun :) "Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful day that you have made and my happy preschooler who made this mommy's heart nearly burst with bittersweet pride today."
First-day-of-school jitters? NOPE. Separation anxiety? NOT AN OUNCE.
Dominic was delighted to find his name and the hook for his backpack!
Dominic loved showing off his big boy skills on the playground! He was totally miffed why a few of the other kids were clinging to their parent's leg and didn't want to play :}
Dominic was very proud of his first school project--a place mat to use for snack-time. I hope he will love looking at our family picture to remind him how much he is loved.
I love you my sweet, handsome, growing up too fast, PRESCHOOLER!

No comments:
Post a Comment