Sunday, June 20, 2010

To all the Father's in my Life...

This photo displays the gift I gave to my husband this year for Father's Day, and the verse on it (Isaiah 30:15) truly embodies all the fathers in my life: Paul--the father of my children, Patrick--my own father, and Hollis--my father-in-law who is now in heaven. All three of these men are such holy, amazing men, and I feel so blessed to have had such loving fathers in my life, who truly mirror the character of the Heavenly Father.

  • Thank you, Paul, for becoming the father of our children that I always dreamed of. You are a humble and strong spiritual leader for our boys; you are the best Tickle Monster, Squisher, Rifle Instructor, Aviator Guru, and All-Around-Outdoorsy-Dad in the world; and every year I see the admiration in our boys' eyes for you grow. They want to be just like you when they grow up, and I hope and pray that they do.
  • Thank you, Dad, for loving me, protecting me, teaching me, and raising me so well. Even as an adult, I still look at you like you hung the moon, I crave your approval which you always give so readily, and I am forever grateful for the faith you gave me through your quiet, yet strong example. I am so happy that our boys get to have you for their grandpa and experience all the priceless memories that you gave to me and my brothers, like fishing, exploring nature, and of course, perpetual teasing :)
  • And thank you, Hollis, for being a "True Gentleman" in every sense of the title and passing on your good looks ;), virtuous character, and solid faith to my husband. We miss you very much, but we know that you are watching over our family from above, and that is an enormous comfort and blessing.

Happy Father's Day!

P.S. For Father's Day, my husband took all three of the boys hiking up a mountain, so as I type this in the peace and quiet of my home it sort of feels more like Mother's Day :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment