Sunday, August 7, 2022

Spring 2022 Highlights

I realize I'm WAAAYYY behind again on my blog, but I will do my best to catch up quickly :)  I think only a couple of people even read my blog ("Hi Mom and Aunt Marge"), so hopefully I'm not disappointing too many people when I fall behind on blogging, but I'm determined to keep up with my blog for posterity's sake.  I'm trying to turn my blog each year into a book of our family highlights.  Don't ask me how many years behind I am on making books.  If it's meant to be, it will happen someday. :)

Spring is always a busy time of the year for us, which is why I rarely find the time to blog.  Spring for our family is filled with Easter joy, a couple of birthdays (Michael and Isaiah), as well as baseball for the youngest 2 boys (Nathanael and Isaiah), and track for our high school boy (Dominic).

First, the Easter joys...
At least one of my kids still likes to decorate eggs with me :)

Isaiah showing his beautiful drawing of Jesus on his egg.

The Easter baskets ready to be discovered on Easter morning.




Traditionally, we have the Cronk family over for Easter dinner and an egg hunt.  
I forgot to get pictures of the dinner or the egg hunt,
but here is Dominic teaching the Cronk girls how to play Catan :)

We also had some birthdays to celebrate this Spring.  Michael's birthday came first (April 3rd), but sadly he was in Aberdeen at college, so I don't have any pictures of his birthday celebration.  I think he went to Grandma and Grandpa's house and they gave him a birthday dinner.  I came a week or so later to be with Michael as he got his tonsils out over Spring Break.  No pictures of that either--ha ha!  It was a brutal recovery.  Apparently, the older a person is, the rougher a tonsillectomy is.  I stayed for a week to take care of Michael, but a couple of days after I left, Michael had a scary event that involved a sink full of blood and a trip to the ER for him and my terrified parents.  Everything turned out fine, but it was scary and I wish I could've been there to help.  But all's well that ends well, and hopefully he will have a lot less sore throats next year.  His first year of college was rough with lots of sore throats, a case of Covid, a dormroom full of scabies, and a few other bumps in the road.  Next year is bound to be better.  He's really looking forward to playing baseball for NSU as a sophomore since he had to red-shirt his freshman year due to a paperwork issue with the NCAA.

Isaiah also had a birthday in April (the 26th), and I captured some of the highlights with my camera :)  Isaiah chose to have his party at our local indoor trampoline park with some of his classmates.  It was WILD, but he was a happy birthday boy...as you can see:








"Happy Birthday, sweet freckled Zay-Zay!
You are such a JOY in our family and to all those you are around.
Shy and kind you are, with a heart overflowing with love for Jesus.
You make your momma's heart overflow with pure happiness.
I'm so glad God gave us YOU!
May you grow closer to Jesus every year 
and keep sharing your kindness with the world!
Love,
Mom


P.S.  I'll save the Spring sports photos for the next post :)


No comments:

Post a Comment