JOSEPH had his first season playing baseball at the college level for Franciscan University! He had an fabulous season playing for Franciscan as a pitcher---his favorite position! We were blessed to be able to watch most of his home games live-streamed. It brought me so much joy to see my son with his crazy curly hair walking out onto the mound on our computer screen :) Grandma Theresa and Grandpa Pat (my parents) were his BIGGEST fans though! They didn't miss a game and my mom even took notes about all the amazing things the announcers said about her very own grandson :)
This first photo below is the only picture I have of Joseph playing for Franciscan University. The other ones are from his last year on the Senators when he was a senior. His senior year was a very rough year with an untimely knee injury right before baseball season. Even after he healed, the coach did not give him as much playing time as he deserved (there's the mama bear coming on in me), but Joseph kept an amazing attitude through it all. We were so proud of him, and we told him this baseball season is just a short chapter in his life and God has better chapters ahead for him. That sure turned out to be true; his time so far at Franciscan has been blessed beyond what he could've ever imagined---not only with playing baseball, but with finding holy friends, experiencing top-notch teachers, adventuring abroad in Austria for a semester, and even dating his first girlfriend! :) Maybe someday I'll post some pictures of Joseph and Bailey once I get his permission :) But for now, here are a few of my baseball favorites of Joseph.
I love this photo!
It truly captures Joseph's humble personality.
It truly captures Joseph's humble personality.
I picture him walking away from his high school baseball career,
and moving on to bigger and better things in college and beyond.
NATHANAEL had a super exciting baseball season! He was one of the team's star pitchers, and pitched 1 or 2 innings in nearly every game of the season. Their team had the best record going into the final tournament and ended up winning the whole tournament!!! A few of the games were real "nail biters" too! The best part of all, though, was how much fun his team had. These kids all got along so well, loved every minute on the field or in the dugout, and had super-positive and caring coaches. It will certainly be a season that he won't forget!
A rare and special blessing to be the trophy-holders at the end of the season!
I love how this photo captures Nathanael's "chillax" personality
and the fact that he was always munching on sunflower seeds during the games :)
I am SO PROUD of ALL my boys this season! I never dreamed that I'd be a baseball mom (after all, all of my brothers were wrestlers and I didn't even know anyone who played baseball growing up!), but it has truly become my favorite sport, and I can't imagine our summers without it anymore. I pray that the virtues and life-lessons that my boys have learned in baseball will serve them well their entire lives.
Totus Tuus,
~Maria













No comments:
Post a Comment