Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Another Graduate!

Michael graduated from Jefferson High School this week and we are SO PROUD of him!  This young man is both smart and resilient.  He finished his high school career at a new school, which is no small feat.  He finished with great grades and a few new friends...and now he's ready to fish and play ball the rest of the summer until heading to NSU (where he will do more fishing and playing ball)! :)

A week before graduation, Grandma Jean came for a visit to congratulate Michael and spend time with the family as she was driving from Arizona to Minnesota.  We had a wonderful time with her, and here are some of the highlights:

Grandma Jean and her handsome grandsons

Our family so blessed to be living in beautiful Montana,
and blessed to have another son graduating and ready to shine the light of Christ in the world!

The boys playing badminton on Joseph's first day back from college.

Grandma Jean hugging Joseph and saying goodbye because she was going to leave early the next morning before the kids would be awake.  Joseph came home from college a day or two after Grandma Jean arrived, so she was very happy to be able to see him on this trip.

Grandma Jean saying goodbye Michael.

Grandma Jean giving Dominic a big hug.



Two days after Grandma Jean left, my parents came to attend Michael's graduation and help me get ready for the post-graduation party.  My oldest brother Mike and his family also came for the big event.  It was SOOO wonderful to have a few extra helping hands!  I can't thank them enough, and it really meant the world to Michael to have them here for his special day---especially considering they had to drive through a snow storm to get here!  Yes, you read that right...a snow storm!  The weather for the graduation took everyone by surprise.  It snowed for three days straight!  How crazy for the month of MAY!  We were hoping for an outdoor graduation ceremony and post-graduation party, but we had 12 inches of snow around our house, so we definitely had to go with plan B.  But it all turned out fine.  JHS had the graduation inside the school building, and our party was also indoors.  About 50 people showed up, and there was plenty of space in the house for everyone to visit.  I think Michael felt very loved!  Our family is so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family to support us.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't get very many pictures of all the graduation events.  In fact, I didn't get any pictures of Michael with my brother Mike's family, which I'm totally bummed about.  I guess I was too busy and stressed out about getting ready for the party and entertaining guests that I forgot to pull out my camera.  But, I'm grateful that I at least got a few pictures to help us remember this very special day:

Diploma in hand...he's officially graduated!

Michael looks good in purple :)
We had to take our pictures indoors this year because it was raining and snowing outside.

We are so proud of this kid!
(Even though he drove us crazy sometimes!) :)

Grandpa Pat and Grandma Theresa giving their last hugs before driving back to South Dakota.

May God bless and keep our latest graduate always close to His Sacred Heart.


Totus Tuus,
~Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment