Thursday, March 25, 2021

Michael's Senior Pictures

Of all the changes that happened this year, I think our son Michael probably had the biggest adjustment.  Changing to a new high school his senior year is certainly not for the faint of heart, and he has handled it with grace and confidence.  Paul and I agonized over whether we were making the right decision to switch schools for our kids, but once the school year started and we saw how happy our kids were (especially Michael!), we felt like we made the right decision (at least for now).  

Michael has been more happy and talkative this year than I ever remember him being, which is such a blessing to this momma's heart :)  And this month he has officially made his decision where to go to college....  He picked Northern State University (NSU) in Aberdeen, SD!  Aberdeen is where Paul and I both grew up; it is where my parents and my brother Mike's family still live; in fact, NSU is my alma mater :)  I think it will be the PERFECT fit for Michael.  He will be able to hunt and fish with his grandpa and uncle.  He will be able to play cards with grandma and eat copious amounts of her cookies.  He will be able to play baseball (his #1 passion) while receiving a degree (of some kind) :)  

It's so hard to believe that another son is about to graduate.  I am so proud of him and I will certainly treasure these next 5 months or so while he is still in our home before sending him off on the adventure of college and beyond.  Please say a prayer for God to bless him and guide him on this next exciting chapter in his life---thank you!

Here are his senior pictures, taken by Eric Connolly, a talented photographer at our church.  He did a great job and I will treasure these photos always.



























I love you, Michael!
I'm so proud of you and am excited to see what the Lord has planned for you.
Stay close to Jesus and Mary, call your mom and dad often,
and everything will always turn out fine! :)


Totus Tuus,
~Maria




No comments:

Post a Comment