Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Times are tough...but hold the line and hold on to hope!

I really don't think very many people read this blog (other than my mom..."HI MOM!"), but it is still a sacred place for me to share family memories and also my thoughts.  I haven't been sharing my thoughts very often lately...  To be honest with you, it's partly because my thoughts have been pretty discouraging with all that is happening in our country.  If I shared my thoughts with complete honesty and without a filter, I'm guessing my blog would be censored (since that seems to be the common trend these days). But I seriously doubt those big tech oligarchs would read a petite, 40-something, stay-at-home mom from Montana's blog, nor consider her as much of a threat to anyone! :)  But anyway, rather than share ALL of my thoughts and going on a ranting monologue, today I just wanted to share a bit of light in the darkness, a bit of encouragement from the Word of God.  

Today's daily Mass readings were very hope-filled and reminded me that the Word of God is powerful and "never returns back to God void; it always achieves God's holy will and the purpose for which He sent it." (Isaiah 55:10-11).  All of us Christians, no matter what party affiliation we claim, should be finding HOPE and TRUTH in the WORD OF GOD (not in the main stream media!), and keeping our eyes fixed on our Savior JESUS CHRIST (not on any world leader).  Which brings me to the Responsorial Psalm of today's Mass readings, which gave me renewed hope for our country's future. Times may seem tough right now, and I know everyone is facing distress of various kinds, but God promises to rescue those who trust in Him.  He hears our prayers, He is close to the brokenhearted, He is good ALL THE TIME (even during pandemics and corruption in politics).  Cling to that promise now and in the days ahead!  Keep reading your Bibles, praying, and trusting in the God Who loves you!

Totus Tuus,
~Maria

Responsorial Psalm 34:4-5, 6-7, 16-17, 18-19

R.    (18b)  From all their distress God rescues the just.
Glorify the LORD with me,
    let us together extol his name.
I sought the LORD, and he answered me
    and delivered me from all my fears. 
R.    From all their distress God rescues the just.
Look to him that you may be radiant with joy,
    and your faces may not blush with shame.
When the poor one called out, the LORD heard,
    and from all his distress he saved him.
R.    From all their distress God rescues the just.
The LORD has eyes for the just,
    and ears for their cry.
The LORD confronts the evildoers,
    to destroy remembrance of them from the earth.
R.    From all their distress God rescues the just.
When the just cry out, the LORD hears them,
    and from all their distress he rescues them.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted;
    and those who are crushed in spirit he saves.
R.    From all their distress God rescues the just.

No comments:

Post a Comment