"It's the most wonderful time of the year," just like the old song goes. There is so much to "WONDER" about when it comes to Christmas... To wonder at God's plan to send His divine Son into the world as a tiny baby to save us. To wonder at the humble beginnings of the King of Kings. To wonder how it was that even the Holy Family had to undergo very hard times. To wonder about how God uses hard times to bring about wonderful things. That should give all of us great hope...that God is still in the business of doing wonderful things when times are hard, and I think everyone has gone through some hard times especially this past year. So I hope you are also experiecing some wonderful things in the midst of it all, and especially this Christmas season.
Our Christmas was quiet, simple, and yes, wonderful. Here are just a few photos of our Christmas...and someday I'll really update my blog and put all of the Fall pictures on here (but that probably won't happen until 2021) :}
| 'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a.... |
| Isaiah was the first one up on Christmas morning... the first one to find the treasures in his stocking! |
| The 3 youngest looking through their stockings. All 3 got new Minecraft watches. |
| Happy about Christmas, happy about candy! |
![]() |
| Paul and I took our masks off for a brief moment to get a picture. We couldn't' easily get a picture of the boys because 2 of them were altar serving... |
![]() |
| I think this ocelot was Isaiah's favorite gift, but he also liked his new lizard LEGO set, his Minecraft watch, his red, white, and blue baseball glove, and his new Garfield book :) |
Here is Isaiah with his new PJs...
they say "Do not MOOSE with me!" :)
![]() |
| Nathanael with his new shark PJs and a new rattlesnake LEGO set. |
| This new Hover board was definitely Dominic's favorite gift! I love the look on Nathanael's face too :) |
| Dominic with his new Minecraft shirt. He has been happy playing extra Minecraft over Christmas break. I wonder when the younger boys will outgrow Minecraft??? :) |
![]() |
| Michael got a foosball table that he had to spend 3 hours setting up---oops :) He also got to go on a road trip to Bozeman with Paul to pick out a pair of hiking boots. |
As for Paul and I, we just got each other some new clothes, went out on a special date a few days after Christmas, and we took the boys to a hot springs resort for one night of fun and relaxation. Our biggest Christmas gift was having our whole family together again with Joseph home from college and being able go to Mass together and spend family time together. Again, it reminds me of that same song... "Hearts will be glowing when loved ones are near...It's the most wonderful time of the year!" Yes, God is good, all the time---even during pandemics, even during major struggles. We just need to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, the reason for the season! I hope your Christmas season was blessed and that you keep your eyes fixed on Christ in the new year ahead!
Totus Tuus,
~Maria






No comments:
Post a Comment