Like a typical teenager, Dominic wanted a device to listen to music for his birthday. So we got him an MP3 players so that he can listen to the radio and a few of his favorite 80s songs that he downloaded from Joseph's iPod :) Honestly, I wasn't too excited about the idea at first, but it has turned out to be a win-win deal because he will happily do chores for me if I will let him listen to music. I'm usually happy to oblige. :)
But unlike a typical teenager, for his birthday party he chose to celebrate with his family and not with his friends. I felt deeply honored and touched. A teenager who still loves to hang out with his family. I'm going to embrace this while it lasts! :)
On Dominic's actual birth-date, he requested the Pizza Ranch for supper. We all enjoyed the delicious food, and the 3 youngest had a blast playing video games in the arcade room. Then, once the crazy baseball season was over, I told Dominic he could have a party and invite friends over to our house or to the indoor trampoline park in town, but he said he just wanted to have a water balloon war with his family, along with Little Caesar's Pizza and some cheesecake for dessert. I can't think of a sweeter, easier birthday party that any of my kids have ever had! It was fun for the whole family and I sure hope Dominic felt loved even though everything was so laid back.
Here are the birthday highlights:
Happy Birthday, Dominic!
You are one very gifted and talented and loved little boy
--who isn't so little anymore!
A LEGO genius,
a robotics whiz,
a ravenous reader,
a lover of languages
(even Norse and Ancient Greek!)
Sometimes your brain and energy are out of this world,
but I know God will use it for great good.
I love you more than all of the cheesecake ever made!!!
Love,
Mommy




No comments:
Post a Comment