Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Michael's Top 20 Wildlife Photos

Ever since we moved to our new house in the woods, it seems that our son Michael has fallen in love with wildlife.  At first he just liked to be with the wildlife... 


...and then he discovered he could capture the wildlife on camera and share God's creation with others.


I recently printed a bunch of Michael's best photographs, framed them, and put them on a wall in our house because there were so many beautiful photos and I really wanted to encourage him with his talent and his love of nature.  


Many of you have already seen these pictures sprinkled throughout my blog over the past 2 years, but I thought it might be fun to put some of Michael's best photos all in one post for people to enjoy.  I am so proud of Michael for his hard work and dedication with the art of photography.  Perhaps I'm a bit biased, but I sure think my son has talent with a camera.  His natural talent, coupled with a passion for wildlife equals a great combination.  What makes the combination even better is that God, in His infinite goodness and foresight, chose to bless our family with a home surrounded by wildlife.  God must have known we would have a son who would love to take pictures of His beautiful creation and glorify Him in that way.  All of these photos, except for the mountain goat, were taken right around our house!

So, without further adieu, here are 20 of my favorites from Michael's growing portfolio:

Bull Elk near our driveway

Bobcat in our backyard

Mountain Goat in Glacier National Park

Fawn on our property

Bucks fighting during the rutting season

Red Crossbill

Fawn dusted with snow

Squirrel with a mouthful

Mule Doe with big ears and beautiful lashes

Great Horned Owl

Mountain Bluebird with hungry chicks

Mountain Bluebird

Cooper's Hawk on our chicken coop fence
(good thing we have a net over the top)

Juvenile Cooper's Hawk in the forest

Female Western Tanager

Male Western Tanager

Fawn still donning spots

Cottontail rabbit (daydreaming of summer perhaps) :)

A squirrel after a long, hard day :)

Fawn in the woods



(P.P.S. I'm sure Michael would love it if you left a comment about what your favorite photo is if you have time :)



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Michael,

    I love taking pictures of wildlife, but I definitely don't have 20 good pictures. You are doing spectacular work. My favorite is the Cooper Hawk on the chicken coop fence.

    Blessings,
    Lisa (Madelle's Mom)

    ReplyDelete