Criminy it's cold here in Montana! But did that stop my boys from freezing their tooshes on the slopes...heck no! The cold weather only made it more of an adventure, something to conquer, something to brag about and put hair on your chest (that last point, by the way, is why I chose not to ski, but rather to stay warm and cozy in the lodge sipping on hot cocoa). Despite the sub-zero temperature, the sun was beautifully shining on the slopes, with no wind whatsoever, so my brave skiing boys claim that "it wasn't even cold at all" (I just took them at their word and stayed inside and ordered some hot nachos to go nicely with the hot cocoa). Seriously, Joseph and Michael were in snow-covered heaven. They stuck together and skied pretty much non-stop and would have stayed until closing time if we let them. Paul stayed with Dominic to teach him how to ski. Dominic was so proud of himself on the bunny hill, finally learning (but not quite conquering) how to make "pizzas" and "french fries" with his skis. He was in his glory when Daddy agreed to take him on "the big lift" after his lesson on the bunny hill. Dominic loved the lift and doing a real "run", but Daddy said once was definitely enough (in other words...Dominic still needs some serious time on the bunny hill before trying that again!) I was so proud of all my brave boys. Someday I really hope to join them on the slopes...someday when I'm not either pregnant or nursing...sometimes I wonder if someday will ever come... Until then, I'll just be content lounging in the lodge with my cocoa, nachos, Nathanael, and a good book :)
1330: Did Taylor Marshall Flip Flop and Deny Infiltration and SSPX?

What fun! John would be proud :) He looks forward to the day Carter can ski! You will have to come visit us sometime in the winter to go skiing (or we should come visit you in Montana!) Nathanael looks like he's enjoying the ski trip, too :)
ReplyDelete